Hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Joe Cassella 5K

Harris LaTeef

Over 800 people pre-registered for the 3rd annual Joe Cassella 5K held in Great Falls on Sunday.

Harris LaTeef, Managing Editor
May 20, 2012
Filed under Photos, Top Stories

ATTENTION: The photos included with this story are NOT associated with the victims of the recent Boston marathon bombings in any way. All participants pictured here were part of the Joe Cassella 5K, which took place May 2012 in Northern Virginia.

The Saxon Scope was not involved with the circulation of these photos through any social media. 

Over 800 communty members and Langley students registered for the 3rd annual Joe Cassella 5K held in Great Falls on Sunday and over 1000 people showed up for the run. Runners from as far away as California and Ontario, Canada came to participate.

This year’s run was dedicated to Gianna Hess, daughter of Langley Coach Travis Hess, who is fighting Hepatoblastoma, a rare form of liver cancer. Coach Hess, his wife and Gianna were all present at the race.

The Joe Cassella Foundation, named after Joe Cassella who died in 2009 after a battle with Mesothelioma, offers financial assistance to the families of children who are ill in the Washington DC Metro area.

Photos by Harris LaTeef

Comments

All comments are subject to moderation and deletion as well as previewing before being posted.

3 Responses to “Hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Joe Cassella 5K”

1. No, these are not photos of child killed in Boston Marathon explosion | Twitchy on April 15th, 2013 9:30 PM

[…] this is not a photo of the Boston Marathon. It was taken at a 5K held last May to raise money for families of sick children. A team of Newtown parents did run the marathon today, […]

2. Boston Marathon Bombing Hoaxes and Conspiracy Nonsense » ThatsNonsense.com Blog ThatsNonsense.com Blog on April 15th, 2013 11:17 PM

[…] reports from CNN claim the 8 year old victim was male. This image seems to have been taken from a May 2012 run called the Joe Cassella 5K, thus negating the possibility the runner had anything to do with Sandy […]

3. Stop Killing This Girl!! – Boston Marathon Aftermath on June 4th, 2014 9:51 PM

[…] not even in Boston marathon. The bib says Joe Casella 5K. This event was in May 2012. Check it on this site. Joe Casella Foundation even posted on their FB to clarify things. The casualty was an 8 year old boy […]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!