Bringing you the latest at Langley

The Saxon Scope

Sing Your Heart Out

VMEA Honors Choir Auditions

Lia Lee, Staff Writer

On Saturday October 8th 2016, Langley Choir auditioned for the annual VMEA Honors Choir Audition at Longwood University in Farmville, VA, and received excellent placements.

The students were judged by 3 judges, the auditioning piece was a well-known piece written by Henry Purcell“I attempt from Love’s Sickness” along with a random sheet of sight-reading.

The seniors of Langley choirs have been practicing hard and performing in class for feedback in order to prepare and perform their best in front of the judges.

“The seniors this year that are auditioning are all very experienced and talented singers.” says the director of choir, Dr. Lambert before the auditioning day. “I expect that they’ll do well even under pressure.”

Although the students seem somewhat nerve-racked, the parents show full confidence in their children. One parent said that she was sure Langley Choir would be able to get the best placements.

In the end, Langley High School Choir was the school that most senior students were named for placements, respectively they are:

Soprano 1– Christiana Ivanova, Mary Margaret Chalk,

Soprano 2– Danbi So

Alto– Camila Maric

Tenors– Ammad Akbari

Alternates– Akshay Nag and Theodore Herzfeld.

“The audition wasn’t very hard, but because it wasn’t a blind judgment I was still kind of nervous, but we still got placements, which was awesome.” One of the Madrigals member Camilla M. laughs when she was asked how the audition went.

• Sing Your Heart Out

News

Success in Spanish

• Sing Your Heart Out

News

Learning to Love Languages

• Sing Your Heart Out

News

A Drive to Educate

• Sing Your Heart Out

News

National History Day Nationals Preview

• Sing Your Heart Out

News

Hot Tracks

Bringing you the latest at Langley
Sing Your Heart Out